Sunday, February 26, 2017

Country style bakery counter

I've been wanting to make a vintage, country style bakery counter for a while, and I even started carving the 'little bakery' detailing a few weeks back. I had ordered a tool to make the trim at the bottom (on which the 2 posts are resting), but due to a delay, it didn't arrive until last week. I could have used one of the pre-made trims I have, or even used my handheld electric file,. But seeing as I'd already made the order, I was determined to do it the way I'd initially planned.

The video is going to be posted on 'SugarCharmShop Gourmet' as a bonus video. Not this upcoming week - haven't decided exactly when it'll be up. I still need to finish some more pieces for the video anyway and the video in itself is somewhat of an experiment;
Since I don't post non-food videos too often on that channel, I wanted to try something a bit different. I'm going to finish a couple of additional pieces to go with the counter (small stuff like shelves) and then put everything into 1 video, which I'm guessing is going to be somewhere around the 20-30 minute mark - will try to keep it closer to 20. I know a lot of people find that to be too long, but I do think it makes a lot of sense to do it this way.
And don't worry - I'm not going to pack as much as possible into the video! I just want to make it more of a 'complete scene' rather than an empty counter on its own.

For those of you who watch the videos on my new channel, I just want to say thank you. I know the channel is still small, and it's too soon to make plans - heck, it's still only going through the second half of the trial period. But know that your support means the world to me. Every time you watch one of the videos I post on there, you're enabling me to set aside more time for these projects. I hope that the channel will some day reach a level that would enable me to post 2 times a week - I've received so many scrumptious requests for different types of food and have lots of ideas myself as well.





2 comments:

  1. thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for this tutorial - kinda miss your miniature furniture tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete